Exadata 22.214.171.124.0 – Flash Card firmware Issue
Posted by Vishal Gupta on Nov 6, 2011
After patching Exadata cell to 126.96.36.199.0, on running CheckHWnFwProfile or Exachk it reports the firmware version for Flash Card is not same as expected.
# /opt/oracle.SupportTools/CheckHWnFWProfile [WARNING] The hardware and firmware are not supported. See details below [PCISlot:HBA:LSIModel:LSIhw:MPThw:LSIfw:MPTBios:DOM:OSDevice:DOMMake:DOMModel:DOMfw:CountAuraCountDOM] Requires: AllSlots_AllHBAs SAS1068E B3orC0 105 011b5c00 06.26.00.00 AllDOMs_NotApplicable MARVELL SD88SA02 D20Y 4_16 Found: AllSlots_AllHBAs SAS1068E B3orC0 105 011b5b00 06.26.00.00 AllDOMs_NotApplicable MARVELL SD88SA02 D20Y 4_16 [WARNING] The hardware and firmware are not supported. See details above
CheckHWnFWProfile script is expecting firmware version to be 011b5c00 where it is found to be 011b5b00, so it reports the check failure. This is due to BUG 13088963. All flash card firmware versions are not being upgraded due to bug in CheckHWnFwProfile script, which is also responsible for firmware upgrade on the cells.
MOS Note 1372320.1 - Problem : [Warning] The Hardware And Firmware Are Not Supported on 188.8.131.52
There is a patch 13089037 available for this problem. This patch also fixes following bugs.
This update will:
- Update ibdiagtools to latest revision (Bug 13089037).
- STORAGE EXPANSION RACK SUPPORT AMISS IN IBDIAGTOOLS IN 184.108.40.206.0
- Correct the flash firmware update regression (Bug 13088963).
- CHECKHWNFWPROFILE HARDWARE/FIRMWARE NOT SUPPORTED REQUIRES LSIFW 011B5C00
- Correct the missing support for X4800 for special bios update package (Bug 13089050)
- FLASH_BIOS PACKAGE DOES NOT WORK FOR X4800* MODELS